SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) Course
The goal of this course is to prepare internal change agents and external consultants to:
- Lead an enterprise agile transformation
- Implement the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe)
- Train managers and executives in Leading SAFe and act as a SAFe Agilist (SA) certifying agent
- Train teams in SAFe ScrumXP for Teams and act as a SAFe Practioner (SP) certifying agent
The first two days of this class is an intensive version of Leading SAFe. The goal is to prepare certified SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs) to teach the course and act as a certifying agent for SAFe Agilists (SAs). You will also gain the knowledge necessary to lead an enterprise agile transformation by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework and its underlying principles of lean thinking and product development flow. You will leave with an understanding of how the principles and practices of the framework support Agile Teams, Agile Programs, Agile Program Portfolio Management and Agile Architecture.
In the second two days, you will gain the knowledge needed to identify, plan, and implement SAFe programs with Agile Release Trains. Further, you’ll have the briefings, artifacts and templates you need to identify the value streams, prepare the organization, launch agile programs, plan and execute the major events, and implement effective processes and measures for continuous program improvement.
By the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Apply lean, agile and product development flow principles to improve productivity, employee engagement, time to market, and quality
- Apply the Scaled Agile Framework based on lecture, real-world examples, and insights by Scaled Agile experts
- Understand the skills necessary for an enterprise transformation based on the information and examples presented, and additional recommended readings and resources
- Gain the insights into the leadership skill most effective in unlocking the intrinsic motivation of software development knowledge workers, and begin applying them in your context
- Find the value streams around which to organize the enterprise’s Agile Release Trains
- Prepare the organization and the teams to launch the trains
- Run the first Release Planning Meeting
- Interact at key program touch-points to “help keep the train on the tracks”
- Run Inspect and Adapt workshops for continuous program improvement
- Introduce the organization to the principles of program portfolio management and agile architecture
- Grow the leadership skills necessary to support the transformation
For those taking SPC certification exam, see the SPC pre-requisites
Internal change agents, external consultants and managers and leaders responsible for implementing agile programs as part of an enterprise Lean|Agile change initiative.
Michael P. Stump
Managing Director – EMEA
Scaled Agile, Inc.
Results-driven and internationally experienced servant agile executive equipped with 14+ years of proven success across information technology strategy implementation, project management, team leadership and coaching, planning, software engineering, business development, budget administration. Consistently develop, implement and facilitate effective solutions, such as agile transformation and agile adoption, operational streamlining and sales in Europe, Americas and Asia based on trust and long-term customer relationships.
"I had a chance to see benefits of applying Scrum in a small project during training. As a result it is time to apply to the real life. I am grateful to our trainers for his effective education, support and patience."
Project Manager, Türk Telekom
"I had previously attended Scrum training given by another training company. Even though the content of the class was very logical to me I had hard time applying in real life. Because class was lack of practical knowledge. However when I attended ACM's training I learnt how to use Scrum in a project and we discussed about the most common problems. Now I am able to confidently suggest applying Scrum in all our projects to our management."
Core Banking Business Development, Denizbank
"Our entire IT team was trained 2 years ago. The course met our training expectations. We had sufficient knowledge for beginning process transition.."
Proje Manager, Yemeksepeti