Kanban Management Professional (KMP I)
Course Content and Objectives
Participants will learn how to design effective Kanban system and initiate proper change with Kanban. They will learn all basic concepts of flow, pull and improvement opportunities. At the end of the training, participants will understand:
- How to identify and address bottlenecks in the system
- How to work with shifting priorities on demand
- How to deal with interrupt work and multi-tasking
- How to deal with important but not time-critical work
- How to avoid having work pile up in one place (or time) while there is a lack of work in another place
- How to create flow in the work, the information to perform the work, and the teams that do the work
The content of this course covers the following topics, presented in the form of interactive exercises organized in small groups, plus games, classroom teaching and discussion.
- Background of Kanban, Principles, Practices and Values
- Understanding and Controlling Work in Progress (from push to pull)
- Visualizing knowledge work (designing the card wall, from discovery to delivery)
- Measuring and managing flow (control charts, flow diagrams)
- Managing business risk and Making policies explicit (classes of service)
- Managing change and collaborative improvement
- Scaling Business Agility across organizations in evolutionary fashion
About KMP I
Participants will learn how to design a kanban system and initiate change with Kanban. They will learn the basic concepts of flow, pull, and collaborative improvement. At the end of the course you will be able to design a Kanban system and experience in practice how to use Kanban to improve capabilities of your organization, e.g. shorter and more predictable delivery times, better risk management, increased trust and continuous improvement.
Discover the advantages of using Kanban by attending this 2-day course, which is a thorough introduction to David J. Anderson’s Kanban method. During two days you will learn how Kanban is used to analyse and improve your system, and explore how you can benefit from it in practice.
Attendees are expected to have read the Kanban book by David J Anderson or Kanban from the Inside by Mike Burrows. The Kanban ebook will be provided upon registration. Prior attendance at a Team Kanban Practitioner 1-day course is recommended but not required.
- Certificate of Completion of Lean Kanban University Certified Kanban Training, digital format
- Membership in Lean Kanban University and a listing in the LKU Alumni Directory.
This course satisfies one requirement toward the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) designation. The KMP Foundations II: Kanban Management Professional class will complete the KMP status requirement.
"I had a chance to see benefits of applying Scrum in a small project during training. As a result it is time to apply to the real life. I am grateful to our trainers for his effective education, support and patience."
Project Manager, Türk Telekom
"I had previously attended Scrum training given by another training company. Even though the content of the class was very logical to me I had hard time applying in real life. Because class was lack of practical knowledge. However when I attended ACM's training I learnt how to use Scrum in a project and we discussed about the most common problems. Now I am able to confidently suggest applying Scrum in all our projects to our management."
Core Banking Business Development, Denizbank
"Our entire IT team was trained 2 years ago. The course met our training expectations. We had sufficient knowledge for beginning process transition.."
Proje Manager, Yemeksepeti